maandag 28 januari 2013

Pride & Prejudice




Today it's 200 years ago that Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice was first published. I remember reading the novel for the first time in my early teens. I somehow got the classic-bug, meaning I was always curling up on a sofa, sipping hot chocolate and reading a classic (romance) novel...

Those were the good days. Can't remember the exact year I read P&P, but I became obsessed with Jane Austen's work. Read all her novels more than once. Pretty much the minute I finished the book P&P, it would become my favorite for some time.

When I found out that movies or miniseries had been made of her work well... I was in heaven. Dad rented P&P the miniseries for me & when I saw the pink fabric and the embroiderd flowers I started smiling. Well, maybe that's not a hundred percent true, but that's how I choose to remember it.



This evening, after the Queen's speech, I'm going to try and persuade my mom to watch an Austen-film with me. I'm thinking maybe P&P 2005. Mom at first did not like dear Jane's style. She told me that at first she found it a bit slow, but with me constantly watching, well it sorta grew on her :)

Are you a fan of Jane Austen as well? Will you be watching P&P in honor of the 200 years?

Best wishes,
Jo's Daughter

1 opmerking:

  1. yes, i watched that very version last nite to celebrate, then wrote my blog post for the Hop!
    EnJoy your celebrations too =)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...