maandag 11 februari 2013

Happy Birthday Dad !


My dad was celebrating his birthday this weekend :D I won't tell you which one, but we are all thrilled he's added another year. No singing the morning of his special day, but lots of good wishes and a few gifts...



 
We got him a shaving machine (what are they called in English?). A thriller novel as Dad likes a good detective story & also some aftershave that he likes. Inside the black wrapped gift with the yellow ribbon.


He also got a blue sweater & some showergel. A few puzzles from J&H and another present he hasn't opened yet. I was wearing my new corduroy pants and rose cardigan & mom's pearls. My sister came to visit and it was nice to catch up again. She even got me a present from her trip to Paris, a lovely snowglobe.


To go with our tea I baked some muffins & I planned a special dinner too. I'd been cooking his favorite meal & for lunch we had some homemade carrot soup and brown bread. Time always flies when you're having fun and the day was over before we knew it.

The girls (Charlotte and Chlöe) also loved the gifts and cards. We just about saved a beautiful decorated enveloppe from harm, but lost a birthdaycard to piercing teeth. The corners of that particular one, are now adorned with an intricate pattern of holes ;)

Are you celebrating any birthdays this month? Or are you already looking forward to one...

Until later,
Jo's Daughter

2 opmerkingen:

  1. We call it an electric razor over here, but now I think I like "shaving machine" better. ;D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. :D That's the word I couldn't come up with. Thank you Grace.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...