zondag 23 april 2017

Spread, Sneezing & Salad


Dad has gotten the flu and our beloved Charlotte sneezes aswell. So here at the cottage with two down and two on the go. Life is a little different then we are used to...




Getting healthy and his strength up is important for my dad, so we made a new recipe for us all. Lentil salad with orange and cucumber. It turned out great and everyone loved it. Though dad confessed that taste was a little affected by the flu. I promised to make this salad again when he is feeling better. Something I would enjoy just as much!

For teatime on thursday mom and I had a (to us new) zuchini spread on some small toasts. Which was nice, but not up for a repeat like the lentilsalad.

I read a bit in my cookbook collection, and decidid to make poffertjes. Which is a real Dutch treat on Sunday (today!) Did laundry and washed my hair with a new Aloƫ Vera shampoo. Life is simple at Pale Rose cottage & we love it that way!

How have you been? Ill like my father. Read in your cookbooks to try new recipes? Ever make a lentilsalad? Tried poffertjes? Or had something else fun to share. Please do, we'd love to know.

All my best,
Jo's Daughter





2 opmerkingen:

  1. I hope everyone is well again soon! I have been wondering if you have plans or special decorations for May day.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. No plans this year and the decorations are simple, or in the making. Due to the flu which took over at the cottage.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...